Sunday, November 21, 2004

Perhaps a poem...

With the kind permission of the person to whom this is dedicated, here is a new poem.

Perhaps a dance...

a simple two-step
with just our fingertips
touching and my hand
very light on your
back and if you
gently placed your
hand on my shoulder
we could sweep each
other along in lazy
circles around the
floor and if just
by chance you pressed
your cheek to mine
and rested your head
against my neck and
I caught the scent
of your hair
and pulled your body
a little more tightly
against me and I
couldn’t for a moment
tell your breathing from
mine or precisely where
my leg ended and yours
began and you whispered
something into my ear
and everything but the
music and our dancing
and our breathing
stopped….

(for Naomi)
October 29, 2004

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Brooks said...

Wow.

I have always loved the idea of not knowing where one ends and the other begins.

Love the lazy circles too.

:)

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home