Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Publishing and Reading News

Before I get to my own news, I want to take this opportunity to congratulate my dear friend, Naomi Thiers, on the acceptance of her chapbook, In Yolo County, by Finishing Line Press (publishers of my Drinking Weather). The book relates the story of her maternal grandfather's adventures during the depression and his courtship of her grandmother, told in the voices of the protagonists and others. I have read the poems in their various stages of creation and revision and I can guarantee that it will be a lovely and fascinating book. Watch this space for ordering information; it should be available sometime early next year.

Regarding my own work, I am happy to report that the September print edition of The Rusty Nail is now available. It contains the two poems previously published online (as announced in my post of June 18). A copy can be had for a quite reasonable $8 or for a digital copy, the even more reasonable $2.

And finally, I am pleased to announce that I will again be reading at IOTA at 6 pm on Sunday September 9 as part of the 18th Anniversary celebration of the series. It is an honor to be invited back and I hope many of you will come and hear me along with other fine local poets. Visit IOTA online for directions.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Naomi and yourself! Not sure if I'll be able to make it to IOTA, but I know you'll be great!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Thanks, Bernie! Would love to see you at a reading (yours or mine). Let me know of your own upcoming events, esp. once your book is out (for which, BTW, heartiest congratulations again!).

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home