Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Publication

I just received my copy of issue #1 of If, a new locally based poetry journal, in which my poem "Trouble" appears. Contact the editor for your own copy. There are many good poems therein. At $4.00 a copy it makes for good reading or a thoughtful gift for the poetry lover on your Christmas list.

Here's the poem:

Trouble
(for Naomi)

I remember
everything we talked
about Dostoevsky
our children writing
of course and
I can still taste
the food you served
and smell the faint
aroma of the wine
you drank and the way
your eyes sparked and the
electricity crackling moment
to moment and how we
kept talking as you
drove me through the park
and especially I remember
kissing you goodnight
in the car and we were
blocking the driveway
and I said we’ll get in trouble
and you said let’s do.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim H. said...

Things must be pretty quiet in DC around this time of year (despite the pro forma Senate sessions).

Enjoy a peaceful Thanksgiving.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Blessedly quiet indeed. I'm looking forward to a few days off. Best to you & thanks!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home