Thursday, May 08, 2008

Lightning & Water

NaPoMo and NaPoWriMo may be over, but I'm still writing of course. Here's a new poem, accompanied by the usual thanks to Naomi for her usual insightful and incisive comments:

Lightning in a Bottle, Water in a Net

I.
Dozens of interlaced
nerves branch out
like ant pathways
in all directions
crackling like a hundred
tiny electrical fires if
I could find the switch
I could sleep.

II.
I grasp for words
that slip like tiny
fish through fingers
the thoughts behind
the words trickle into
tiny streams and sink
below ground if
I could collect them
you would stay.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim H. said...

I like these a lot. They have the feel if not the form of sonnets.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Thanks Jim! I wasn't really thinking of sonnets but they do sort of move toward a defining point. always good to have your feedback!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home