Monday, February 23, 2009

Black Pears Are Tasty

I recently received my copy of Pear Noir! #1, featuring my poem, "The Last Night of Winter." It's a very nicely produced, perfect-bound journal, containing an eclectic mix of poetry and fiction. The editor was even kind enough to highlight my contribution in his introductory note!

Unfortunately, the contents are not online, but if you'd like to order a copy, you can visit their site. Not everything in the issue is to my taste, but you're sure to find some work that you enjoy, in addition to having the satisfaction of supporting a fledgling journal of high quality.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

So glad you're back to blogging, and sharing your poems with us. Thank you!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Jim H. said...

Congratulations on the publication. If you're into pears, try a taste of Robert Bly's new book "Turkish Pears in August." It gets a nice review on the poetry blog "Issa's Untidy Hut."

Your piece about the encounter on the bus: very smooth & tight. I like it.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Thanks to you both!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home