Monday, November 09, 2009

Famous in Shreveport!

I was recently very pleased to learn that four of my poems were chosen to be displayed on an electronic message board outside the main branch of the Shreveport, Louisiana, Public Library. They will also be posted on the library's web site and e-mailed to library patrons.

I am thrilled to have my work appear in an accessible, public venue in the home state of my maternal grandfather, Ted Denham. I only wish he were still around to see this.

This post is number 199. Back soon with number 200!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger fitzgerald said...

Greg, so nice to read this. I bet you did not know that Shreveport is my home town. I was born and raised there. I recently went back for my grandmothers funeral (God rest her soul) but did not make it down town, it would have been nice to have seen your work on display.

Warm regards to you and yours, and I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Thanks so much, Fitz! (Or should I say "cuz" since we both have Louisiana grandparents.) Best to you as well!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home