Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Work in Progress (II)

Many thanks to two close friends who commented very helpfully and in detail on my most recent work. Here is version two (actually more like five or six, but no need to post the intervening drafts):

Full Moon at Dusk

Just above the eastern
horizon a pale orange
moon looms huge
cinctured by thin cloud
it rises higher
and pales perfectly
round and clear
a snow moon.

February 23/March 23, 2005

Be sure to visit NPR's All Songs Considered and listen to Wilco's recent 9:30 Club performance while it's still available.

1 Comments:

Blogger countrygrrl said...

hey enchilada!!! like the new poem...made me think of a winter field with me inside looking out. Glad you liked John Hartford..not enough about his stuff. Quick question...how do I list other folks blogs on my site??? any help appreciated. fire of love gave me some tips but I guess I'm not techie enough yet to put them into practice. keep blogging.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home