Monday, May 12, 2008

Surprise

A new poem is always a surprise, but in fact that's the title of my latest. It may still get a bit of fine-tuning, but it's mostly done:

Surprise

All that day the wind
blew me along but
gently and the gray
clouds came and went
but left no rain
and in the intervals
the sunlight glittered
in the puddles I
slogged through
the day before.

The latest issue of The Scrambler with two of my poems is now online. In addition to the poems, you can listen to sound files of me reading them. It's one of the best online journals I've seen—and I thought that before the editor accepted my work. It's worth bookmarking and I've added a link to the sidebar.

Breaking news, 5/13: I've had another poem accepted for publication by a journal in Sacramento, CA, called Rattlesnake Review. It's due out in mid-June. This one's a print 'zine, but you can follow the link and probably get a copy.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim H. said...

Greg:

Congratulations on your growing list of published work!

And thanks for your kind inquiry into my recent silence. Things are crazy at work, my dad turned 90 so we had a big party, and my mother-in-law died. Yesterday was a beautiful memorial service. I thought about writing poems for these events (except work), but the juices just weren't flowing in the right direction at the right time, I guess.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Great to hear from you! No need to apologize. Sounds like life's been throwing quite a few different kinds of pitches at you. Sorry for your loss, best wishes to your dad, and don't work too hard.... Whew, hope that covers it!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home