Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Poem for the season

Got caught in a series of classic spring thunderstorms last Saturday. Having grown up mostly on the Great Plains I have a terror-filled love for that kind of weather. The sky was unbelievable; I tried to get a bit of the experience into this poem.

Spring Storm

First low sky sweeping
ragged ashy sheets
of cloud just above
my head then flashes
and jags of lightning
and then the rain
skitters straight along
the sidewalk drops
dancing bouncing
and spattering me where
I stand breathless and
tingling from the charge
in the air.

May 15, 2005

Many thanks to Lovely Naomi for one crucial suggestion for revision.

3 Comments:

Blogger countrygrrl said...

Back on form with this exilarating poem..made me feel wet through just reading it!! We have had rain here today in Edinburgh, but not quite as spectacular as you describe. Keep scribbling!!!

11:04 AM  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

time to let us know what you music is close to your heart. I am sending you this meme via Big Rock so check it out!! and pass along.

5:00 PM  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

check my blog for details...

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home