Thursday, December 20, 2007

Moon Shine

This one came almost in full just as I was trying to go to sleep:

Winter Moon

The half-full moon
shines through the slats
of my window.
Moon, cold mistress,
untouchable and distant:
My blood falls and rises
at your command.

December 18, 2007

I tend to be very skeptical about the supposed supernatural, but my experience with this poem reminded me of a very lively and interesting conversation I once had with my good friend (and very fine poet) Moira Egan regarding the notion of the Muse. One must keep an open mind....


Blogger Jim H. said...

I'm not sure why, but the half moon is a more compelling image than the full moon in this poem. Tantalizing, I guess.

Anyway, very nice. A keeper!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Thanks Jim! Hope you're doing well in the New Year.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home