Thursday, December 20, 2007

Moon Shine

This one came almost in full just as I was trying to go to sleep:

Winter Moon

The half-full moon
shines through the slats
of my window.
Moon, cold mistress,
untouchable and distant:
My blood falls and rises
at your command.

December 18, 2007


I tend to be very skeptical about the supposed supernatural, but my experience with this poem reminded me of a very lively and interesting conversation I once had with my good friend (and very fine poet) Moira Egan regarding the notion of the Muse. One must keep an open mind....

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim H. said...

I'm not sure why, but the half moon is a more compelling image than the full moon in this poem. Tantalizing, I guess.

Anyway, very nice. A keeper!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Thanks Jim! Hope you're doing well in the New Year.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home