Thursday, October 02, 2008

New/Old Poem

Recently, while riding the bus to work, I reached into the inside pocket of the jacket I was wearing and found one of the many small notebooks I use to jot down ideas, lines, images, or more mundane items I need to remember. I came upon the following lines that I had originally put down in October 2004. At the time I must have considered them an opener which eventually became a fragment. But on reading them again four years later, it seemed to be a fairly complete poem. As always, I ran it by Naomi for her usual keen insights, made a couple of minor revisions, and present it now. Comments still very welcome.

A Kind of Dawn

Full moon shines
through a tissue
of cloud that
falls away
and drifts like
breath slowly
along a deep
blue-black
surface of sky.

2 Comments:

Blogger fitzgerald said...

Wow I like it. Makes me think of some early mornings I have seen while out to sea.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Thanks Fitz!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home