Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Packing a New Pub!

I just received word that Chronogram, a free culture and arts magazine published in Upstate New York, has accepted one of my poems. You might be able to get a copy by following the link to their website. I assume it will eventually appear there as well. In the meantime, you can see it in its published context here: Packing My Books. Or if you just want to read it:

Packing My Books

I’m wearing an old shirt
a half-size too large
that my brother gave me.
The books go into boxes
as I think of you
at the other end
of the world,
or so it seems
tonight.
Dust brings tears
to my eyes and dries
my throat so I stop
for a drink of water
and remember a day
when I was fifteen
and home from school,
sick, wearing an old shirt
of my father’s, and how
good it felt, so soft
against my hot skin.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim H. said...

Congratulations on another publication.

I really like this piece. It hints at so much, giving the reader the pleasurable opportunity to ponder the circumstances, wonder about the others involved, recall similar feelings.

Very, very nice.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Thanks very much! this one was in a batch I hadn't looked at in awhile and it's gratifying to know it's striking a chord with readers.

Good to hear from you.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home